Are you new to assessment, or want to hone your skills? Join us!
Come meet new colleagues in a live virtual course and leave with practical plans you can use right away to enhance assessment in your course, program, or institution.
What your colleagues are saying:
"I loved the live interaction among the instructors and course participants."
"I most liked having a ready-to-implement Assessment Plan at the end of the course."
"I developed confidence in my ability to work with faculty members on their assessment plans. I now have a list of useful resources, talking points, and approaches for talking about assessment and working with faculty, and I gained experience revising an assessment plan from start to finish."
- Where is it? Live but virtual - including teaching and discussion with colleagues from various backgrounds in an interactive platform.
- When is it? Classes are two hours once a week for six sessions on Thursdays, September 16 – October 21 from 1-3 pm EST.
- What is the cost? The cost of the course is $695 (Weave Members get a discount!)
- Why is it worth it?
- Get Certified: Upon completion of the course, participants will receive a Weave Academy Certified Practitioner endorsement including a certificate and a logo that can be used in your email signature line.
- Network with a small group: Each course is limited to ten students and and an experienced instructor to foster participation and relationships.
- Applicable knowledge: You will leave the course with plans you can implement for your campus and see the positive results of IE work.
- How do I sign up? Simply fill out the form on the right! We will accept the first ten applicants and then begin a waitlist.
Course Audience: Professionals who are new to the assessment field and have been tasked with helping faculty and staff to:
- Develop student learning outcomes
- Create appropriate measures
- Define tangible benchmarks
- Analyze data to yield meaningful information
- Determine actions for improvement
Prior knowledge of assessment theory and practices is not required.
Course Description: This course provides an overview of assessment principles and practices in contemporary higher education, and promotes a general understanding of academic assessment, specifically the assessment of student learning outcomes. An emphasis is placed on using assessment as a tool that clearly leads to improvement of student learning. Topics include the history and context of assessment in higher education, issues related to accountability and continuous improvement, assessment of student learning outcomes, effective tools for authentic assessment, and emerging trends in assessment and accountability. Importantly, this course prepares current and future assessment professionals to design and implement successful assessment practices that enhance teaching and learning.
Participant Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to
- Explain the role of assessment in improving student learning
- Learn and apply theory and principles of assessment
- Apply useful assessment strategies and practices
- Demonstrate the relevance of assessment data to faculty and other stakeholders
Sheri Popp, Ed.D.
Director, Professional Development
Anthony Marziliano, M.S.
Director of Academic Assessment
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
St. John's University
Textbook and Course Materials: There will be two textbooks and other readings as assigned; details will be given after registration.
Have questions or ready to sign up?
Fill out the form above and we will reach out with registration details!
Looking for other events?
Weave offers many resources - feel free to explore!